22 June 2010

MISSION STATEMENT


I'll always be straight with you. 

The purpose of this blog is to have a place post whatever blows my hair back.  Whether it be Teddy Roosevelt's Rough Riders Speech or a review of Widespread Panic's 11th studio album, I will be exercising my constitutional right to speak freely.  I'm going to follow the world by following the markets, economics, pop culture, pop nonsense, and some stuff that you may not be a fan of.  Just like reality this blog will go from very light, to being very dark with no advance warning.  Comment as you like but remember that this is MY blog and I will be most forthright in monitoring it.  Hopefully, I will post a few comments, fictional stories, news items, or quotes that will make you think about the future.  Not your own future - what might show up in the near future on Reading, Writing, and Rock and Roll in U.S.A. 

Let's start with a quote from one of the greats:

“This year I will be more thoughtful of  my fellow man, exert more effort in each of my endeavors professionally as well as personally, take love wherever I find it, and offer it to everyone who will take it.  In this coming year I will seek knowledge from those wiser than me and try to teach those who wish to learn from me.  I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can."

I would like to thank the Skydog for providing such a good place to start and to set a high standard for me to try to follow.  The Skydog only walked the earth for 24 years but he did it the right way - with a great attitude and a guitar strapped over his shoulder.  For that I will always envy him.  But his story is even more fascinating when you consider that when Skydog was 3, his father, a career United States Army Seargent, was murdered by a fellow veteran that he picked up hitch hiking after a long tour of duty.

I will tell you that Duane Allman is among the many inspirations for this blog.